1.31.2009

Sleater-Kinney Modern Girl

Harmonica and drumming! Is there no end to Janet Weiss' talents ? She looks like she could whoop some ass... These girls are so diversely talented. I opened for them in 2002 @ La guinguette pirate. I was sooooooo shy and clumsy when I met them backstage ahahahhah!

One could think that the song starts sounding like crap about halfway through. It's probably SK and Dave Friedman's choice - their producer. I think it sounds amazing when the drums come in. The drums mikes are pushed to their limit so they break up and get distorted. I JUST LOVE THAT CRAPPY SOUND.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super ce clip :) Tout comme le groupe ! Dommage qu'elles se soient séparé :( Enfin, j'ai pu les voir en concert...en plus il y avait une super première partie ;););)

Milk said...

Sweet... Oui je sais c'est bête qu'elles se soient séparées... Mais j'en garde un si bon souvenir. Je suis tellement 90es!

MILKYMEE's Fan Box